DDY Talk

Unique Dennis Song

Ron

• 2 weeks later...
Music Time is unique (at least I'm pretty sure it is) in that it is the only DDY-penned song that uses this somewhat common musical style/effect. What is it?

The song is so bad I prefer to not listen to it again to figure it out. Just going through it in my head right now is making me dizzy. :)

That said, I'll take stab at it. Is it syncopation?

The song is so bad I prefer to not listen to it again to figure it out. Just going through it in my head right now is making me dizzy. :)

That said, I'll take stab at it. Is it syncopation?

No, it's not syncopation. I probably should have done the question in reverse, as in "Which song is the only one to do ******", so I guess I made it a little harder.

Just listen to a few other Styx songs, and then some of other hit artists that follow some variation of the ABABCAB style of songwriting. The non-Styx songs will probably do something that the Styx songs will not do.

Okay, here's a hint. I thought I could find more songs, but I guess this style is used less than what I thought it was. Plus when I listen to music, I start enjoying listening to it and forget that I was listening for a reason.

Anyway, here are two pretty well-known songs that use the same style:

Morning Has Broken - Cat Stevens

Livin' on a Prayer - Bon Jovi

you may also know:

Friends - Michael W. Smith

and I might give it away with:

Our House - Madness

• 3 weeks later...