DDY Talk

Go Flyers?

Ron

I could cheer on the Flyers, but they will probably blow it in typical Philadelphia fashion and get the city's hopes up for nothing.

Well, we'll find out tonight, won't we? I believe they're playing the Habs at the Bell Center tonight. Both teams made it to the second round, didn't they? It's not every team that makes it to the second round.

It'll be good hockey in any case, whoever wins or loses.

Okay Ron, you're going to like this ....

The local radio station (CHOM - the one that Dennis talks about here in Montreal) has gotten into the habit of talking to another radio station from whatever city the Habs are playing against. So this morning, they talked to a couple of guys from a country station in Philadelphia. Since the game is in Montreal tonight, the Philly guys said, "You guys must be pretty excited up there", to which the sports guy here replied, "Yeah, we're so excited we're burning down the city!" (referring to the morons who rioted Monday night after the Bruins/Habs game). So the Philly guys came back with, "Hey, is this Montreal or Detroit?!?!?" LOL! This is going to be fun to follow.

Speaking of CHOM, whenever Dennis talks of CHOM, he always mentions Terry DiMonte. Terry's been gone since November (he's at a radio station in Calgary) so I'm not sure how the new dynamic will go when (and I'm saying when to be hopeful) gets back up here.

What is this "hockey" of which you speak? I live in Texas and we worship at the altar of FOOTBALL.

0007038.gif

ACK! Football? That's for weenies!

LOL!

Amanda

What is this "hockey" of which you speak? I live in Texas and we worship at the altar of FOOTBALL.

0007038.gif

Yes, the Super Bowl. That annoying thing that happens 2 weeks before the granddaddy of them all:

THE DAYTONA 500

Yes, the Super Bowl. That annoying thing that happens 2 weeks before the granddaddy of them all:

THE DAYTONA 500

Geez Ron, if all you want is a bunch of crazy people driving fast, come to Montreal and we'll go down the Metropolitan! I'll even let you drive ....

ZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geez Ron, if all you want is a bunch of crazy people driving fast, come to Montreal and we'll go down the Metropolitan! I'll even let you drive ....

ZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But isn't the speed limit only 90kmh?

I haven't driven in the Montreal area in about 10 years. I used to cross the border every so often but after 9/11 I don't because customs is a real pain (and if you don't speak French in Champlain the customs officers are even ruder).

But isn't the speed limit only 90kmh?

I haven't driven in the Montreal area in about 10 years. I used to cross the border every so often but after 9/11 I don't because customs is a real pain (and if you don't speak French in Champlain the customs officers are even ruder).

It's actually 100, but the speed limit is only a "suggestion" around here. So are red lights. Ugh.

And yes, I agree, Quebecois customs officers are rude, even to Canadians. Montreal police officers are ruder, unfortunately. It's part of the culture. In any other province, the police will treat you with respect, even if you're in the wrong.

So, the Flyers sure gave our Habs a run for their money last night! Waaaay to close. In the end, I think the poor Flyers were tired. Three games in four nights and not playing at home. The Habs are going to have to work hard to win the second game.