DDY Talk

Hello...Anybody Home??

Boomchild

Since it has been so dead around here it makes me think that no one is interested in discussing DDY and what he is doing these days.  I question whether anybody here has been going to see his shows since their not posting about it here. It's sad. The irony of it is that DDY has recently become more active online then he has been in the past. Maybe even that is too late.

Since it has been so dead around here it makes me think that no one is interested in discussing DDY and what he is doing these days.  I question whether anybody here has been going to see his shows since their not posting about it here. It's sad. The irony of it is that DDY has recently become more active online then he has been in the past. Maybe even that is too late.

His rescheduled Dallas show is this month - so I'll let you know how it is (I'm in the 2nd row center).

I haven't seen Dennis and the band for a couple of months, and with the holidays and their aftermath have been quite busy.  However, I still drop by and read the boards in addition to enjoying the fact that DDY has discovered that the internet isn't all bad. 

I do have a question--Can I submit a lyrics correction? 

In When I Hear A Christmas Song, he sings "And the scent of pine how it filled the air as we trimmed the tree with loving care..."  and it's listed as "And it's satisfying how it filled the air," which I believe is wrong. 

I do have a question--Can I submit a lyrics correction? 

In When I Hear A Christmas Song, he sings "And the scent of pine how it filled the air as we trimmed the tree with loving care..."  and it's listed as "And it's satisfying how it filled the air," which I believe is wrong. 

Maybe DDY changed the lyric from the original. He has done that. Just listen to some of the Huntchback performances on Youtube and compare them to the CD version he did.

Edited by Boomchild

• 2 weeks later...

There are several reasons why things are a big quiet around here, but I do not think it is for a lack of fans.

1. Dennis has become active on Facebook.The way that social media has evolved since this site was first created in 2004 (let alone it's original form as a Yahoo! Group) has greatly changed the way that people communicate and share things on the internet. Message boards do not carry the status that they once did, and just aren't as active. Even though you can connect to this site while on Facebook, people don't.
  2. Arguments = activity. Members fighting over which opinion is right, arguing over band members arguing, etc. Nothing stirs up discussion more than controversy. The band breakup was 15 years ago, and (most) fans have come to terms with it by now. If you like Dennis, you are here. If you like the other guys, you don't come here. The site is, by design, one sided. By eliminating the other half, the site is a place for friendly conversation for people that share the same thoughts and feelings. The downside is that now there is no one to argue with, so there just isn't that much activity.
  3. Everything has already been said. What facet of the group's breakup hasn't been over-analyzed in the past 15 years? What "new" news about a group that's almost 45 years old can be covered? With a lack of worthy topics to discuss, activity gets reduced.
  4. It's still the same set list. We like the songs, and keep going back to hear them. But there really isn't anything new to report. I see 2-3 shows a year, and although the song order might be changed a little here or there, it's still the same 16 songs. So I go and hear "Best of Times" and thoroughly enjoy it--but it isn't exactly newsworthy.
  5. I don't like to post all of the time. Even though I run the site, I don't want the site to be about me, and comment on every post. The site is about Dennis' career, not what I think about Dennis' career.

I'll look into the lyrics issue. There are other things I have to update as well.

I don't want to shut it down, because I do feel it is some sort of service for Dennis' fans. However, it does make it difficult to draw up some motivation to improve it, because it would be a lot of effort for minimal results. But still, I pay the hosting bill every quarter with no thoughts of getting rid of it.

If it was a business, the site would have been gone a long time ago. But I didn't create it to make a profit. I did it in honor of someone's contribution to music, and thanks for the impact that music made on me. Those reasons still stand, which is why the site is still here.

There just doesnt seem to be much going on with either incarnations of the band right now to even discuss what they may be doing. With Dennis just releasing the DVD show last year, itll be awhile until we see something new i imagine. We did seem to have a lot of conversations leading up to the release of that though.